World Wellness Weekend 18-19th September
The weekend of 18-19th September 2021 is World Wellness Weekend.
This wonderful annual event and its founding organisation of the same name, aim to encourage and empower individuals to participate in meaningful wellness activities. At Hepburn Bathhouse and Spa, we are all about promoting wellness by reconnecting individuals with an array of mineral wellness experiences.
World Wellness Weekend defines wellness as “a responsible relationship between your body and yourself”, relating to the important effects of sleep, nutrition, movement, relaxation and socialisation on keeping your body and mind in a state of vitality.
In support of World Wellness Weekend, we encourage all to incorporate one or all of the 5 Pillars of Wellness into their daily lives.
The 5 Pillars of Wellness
Whilst there exist numerous variations of the pillars, spanning across physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual health factors, we will be taking a look at the below pillars as developed by World Wellness Weekend.
- Sleep & Creativity – consider whether you are lacking sleep or have difficulty falling asleep and take some time this weekend to focus on strategies to overcome this. Building a healthy sleep cycle allows the brain to make connections and solve problems, promoting creativity.
- Nutrition & Immunity – reassess your nutritional intake and ensure that you are consuming adequate amounts of essential nutrients to support your body’s growth and repair, your immune system, the prevention of chronic diseases, and maintenance of good mental health.
- Vitality & Movement – create a healthy relationship with your body by nurturing it with the regular physical activity that it needs to maintain a good energy balance.
- Serenity & Mindfulness – work towards your mental wellness by taking up a new mindfulness exercise, such as meditation or written self-reflection activities.
- Purpose & Solidarity – think about your purpose in life and take meaningful actions that provide you with a sense of fulfilment and solidarity, such as acts of generosity and compassion.